Nomination and Other Forms


This part of the website contains our frequently used forms and details of how to nominate a beneficiary in instances of death, or move to the 50/50 section of the Scheme.

Joining the Scheme?

Joining the LGPS form -  If you have opted out and wish to rejoin the LGPS, please complete this form and return it to us.

Key benefits of joining the scheme include:

  • A secure pension – worked out every scheme year and added to your pension account. Your pension account is revalued each year to allow for inflation and to keep up with the cost of living

  • Tax-free cash – you have the option when you draw your pension to exchange part of it for some tax-free lump sum cash.

  • Peace of mind – your family enjoys financial security, with immediate life cover and a pension for your spouse, civil partner or eligible cohabiting partner and eligible children in the event of your death in service and, if you ever become seriously ill and you've been in the scheme for 2 years, you could receive immediate ill health benefits. See the 'Protection for your family'tab

  • Freedom to choose when to take your pension – you do not need to have reached your Normal Pension Age in order to take your pension as, once you've been in the scheme for 2 years, you can choose to retire and draw your pension at any time from ages 55 - 75 (these may be reduced if paid earlier than your Normal Pension Age, or increased if paid after).

  • Flexibility to pay more or less contributions – you have the option in the LGPS to pay half your normal contributions in return for half your normal pension. This is known as the 50/50 section of the scheme and is designed to help members stay in the scheme when times are financially tough. You can also boost your pension by paying more contributions, which you would get tax relief on. Please see the 'LGPS 2014' tab for further information.

The Brief Guide to Your Pension (V2.0 April 2019) provides information about the LGPS and its benefits.

Leaving the LGPS?

Opt Out Form - If you want to leave the LGPS, you will need to complete this form. This form can only be completed once you have commenced employment and you have been notified of the Benefits of the LGPS. Alternatively you can complete the online electronic form here

Want to join the 50/50 section from 1 April 2014?

An election to join the 50/50 section must be made in writing to your employer. You will be moved to the 50/50 section from the next available pay period after your employer receives your signed election.

If you have more than one job you can elect for the 50/50 section in one, some or all your jobs. If you are in the LGPS with more than one employer, a separate election for must be completed and returned to each employer.

You cannot complete a 50/50 election prior to becoming a member of the main section and you can rejoin the main section anytime

You can make your election by logging on to Bexley Myview and completing the employee form.

If your employer does not use Myview:  This form can be used as your election. Please return to your employer.



Would you like to nominate a beneficiary to receive a Death Grant payment after your passing?

Death Grant Nomination Form - If you wish to nominate a beneficiary or beneficiaries of any Death Grant payable in the event of your death, please complete this form. 


Just got married or divorced?

If you have recently been married or divorced you need to notify us. We will need to see evidence of the original marriage certificate or decree absolute in the case of a divorce. You can either visit the office during opening hours or send the certificates recorded delivery to our address. All certificates received are returned to you by recorded delivery. Please visit the 'Contact Us' tab


Co-habiting Partner - Qualifying Conditions

Spouses and registered civil partners are automatically entitled to a survivor's pension for the rest of their life in the event of your death. There is also provision for a survivor's pension to co-habiting partners, subject to qualifying conditions. No form needs to be completed. Qualifying Conditions for a Co-habiting Partner Survivor's Pension.

Want to notify us of your change of address?

If you need to notify us of your change of address, this needs to be in writing or you can do it online.

Transferring Benefits

In order to transfer your previous pension benefits please download the Transfer Form.