Are you receiving the best customer service? 

Customer Care

If you are in any doubt about your benefit entitlements or have a problem or question about your membership or benefits, please contact Your Pension Service. We will seek to clarify or put right any misunderstandings or inaccuracies as quickly and efficiently as possible. 



Your Pension Service take complaints seriously. We appreciate members may need to complain and having a procedure in place is important, so members know what to expect and what process to follow. 


The first stage requires you to register your complaint which you can do in the following ways:

By email to: – using the subject line Complaint.

In writing to: 

LPP - Your Pension Service

PO Box 1383

Preston PR2 0WR

Or by telephone on: 0300 323 0260 


What information do I need to include?

So that your complaint can be investigated as quickly as possible you should include the following information:

  •     Full name, address and contact details
  •     Date of birth and National Insurance or Pension number 
  •     Full details of your complaint
  •     How you would like the complaint resolved
  •     Photocopies of any supporting documentation relating to your complaint if relevant


What will happen next?

  • Your complaint will be treated seriously, courteously, fairly and confidentially each time you may have complaint. 

  • We will acknowledge your complaint within one working day of receipt.

  • We will do everything possible to resolve your complaint and respond within five working days of receipt.

  • If we cannot resolve your complaint within five working days, we will write to you to and confirm our next steps. 

  • We will assign a dedicated complaint handler to manage your complaint.

  • We will continue to keep you updated of our progress either by phone or in writing until your complaint is resolved.  

  • We intend to learn from all complaints to improve our customers experience and will put right any controls in our processes and address any training requirements.



What if I am still dissatisfied?

If you are still dissatisfied with any decision made in relation to the Scheme you have the right to have your complaint independently reviewed under the Internal Disputes Resolution Procedure (IDRP) within 6 months of being notified of the decision/action about which you are complaining and, as the scheme is well regulated, there are also a number of other regulatory bodies that may be able to assist you. The various procedures and bodies are:


The IDRP process is a two-stage statutory process that all Occupational Pension Schemes are required to have in place. Download the IDRP process.


The Pensions Ombudsman

The Pensions Ombudsman carries out two roles in complaints and dispute resolution.

The Pensions Ombudsman’s Dispute Resolution Team (formerly under The Pensions Advisory Service - TPAS) will assist with dispute resolution where members or beneficiaries cannot resolve with their scheme administrators.

In cases where a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved after the intervention of the Disputes Resolution Team, an application can be made, within three years of the event, to the Pensions Ombudsman’s Legal Team for an adjudication. The Ombudsman can investigate and determine any complaint or dispute involving maladministration of the Scheme or matters of fact or law and his or her decision is final and binding. Matters where legal proceedings have already started cannot be investigated.

The Pensions Ombudsman can be contacted at:

10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4PU

Telephone: 0800 917 4487




The Pensions Regulator

The Pensions Regulator has powers to protect members of work-based pension schemes and a wide range of powers to help put matters right, where needed. In extreme cases, the regulator is able to fine trustees or employers, and remove trustees from a scheme.

You can contact The Pensions Regulator on 0345 600 1011 or in writing to:

Napier House, Trafalgar Place, Brighton, BN1 4DW 

visit for more information.


The Money and Pensions Service

The Money and Pensions Service is a combined entity to replace the Money Advice Service, Pensions Wise and the Pensions Advisory Service.

You can contact The Money and Pensions Service at: 

Telephone: 0800 138 7777


Post: The Money Advice Service, 120 Holborn, London, EC1N 2TD

 We value your feedback

We're committed to improving our service to you and we use all feedback received to help us achieve this. 

If you have any ideas on how we can offer a better service we'd love to hear from you. Please email with any suggestions.