Nomination and Other Forms


This part of the website contains our frequently used forms and details of how to nominate a beneficiary in the event of your death.

Joining the Scheme?

Joining the LGPS form - If you have opted out and wish to rejoin the LGPS, please complete this form and return it to us. The Brief Guide to Your Pension provides information about the LGPS and its benefits.

Leaving the LGPS?

Opt Out Form - If you want to leave the LGPS, you will need to complete this form. This form can only be completed once you have commenced employment and you have been notified of the Benefits of the LGPS.

Want to join the 50/50 section or return to the main section?

An election to join the 50/50 section must be made in writing to your employer. You will be moved to the 50/50 section from the next available pay period after your employer receives your signed election.

If you have more than one job you can elect for the 50/50 section in one, some or all your jobs.  If you are in the LGPS with more than one employer, a separate election for must be completed and returned to each employer.

You cannot complete a 50/50 election prior to becoming a member of the main section and you can rejoin the main section any time

This form can be used as your election. Please return to your employer. 

If you would like to move from the 50/50 section to the main section of the scheme please submit this form.

Would you like to nominate a beneficiary to receive a Death Grant payment after your passing?

If you die in service as a member of the LGPS there is a lump sum death grant equal to 3 times your assumed pensionable pay.

For the purpose of paying pension benefits correctly we ask our members to complete a death grant nomination. This nomination will be used to record your wishes regarding who your death grant (if applicable) should be paid to in the event of your death.

You can now update your nominations directly through My Pension Online without the need to complete a form.

Please visit My Pension Online to register as a new user or view your existing account.

Once you have logged in you need to select the Nominations screen to view or amend your nominees.

Whether a nomination is made or not,  the administering authority retains absolute discretion in respect of to whom the death grant is paid, but takes due regard of any wish expressed by a member.
If you would prefer you can download the Death Grant Nomination Form

Just got married or divorced?

If you have recently been married or divorced you need to notify us. We will need to see a copy of the marriage certificate or decree absolute in the case of a divorce. You can send the certificates recorded delivery to our address. All certificates received are returned to you by recorded delivery. Please visit the 'Contact Us' tab.

If you require an estimate of transfer value for divorce, download and return the Estimate of Transfer Value for Divorce form as quickly as possible. This will give us your written authority to provide you (and your solicitor if you so wish) with all the pensions information that will be necessary for matrimonial proceedings.

Co-habiting Partner - Qualifying Conditions

Spouses and registered civil partners are automatically entitled to a survivor's pension for the rest of their life in the event of your death. There is also provision for a survivor's pension to co-habiting partners, subject to qualifying conditions. No form needs to be completed. Qualifying Conditions for a Co-habiting Partner Survivor's Pension.

Want to notify us of your change of address?

If you need to notify us of your change of address, this needs to be in writing or you can do it online.